Saturday, April 05, 2014

Robber's Cave II

Well, for the second year in a row, we got a Groupon to Robber's Cave in OK, and took the kids out there for the weekend.  This year, I waited too long to book our stay, so even though we had a 2 bedroom cabin Groupon, we ended up in a 1 room hotel room for the first night and then a small 1 bedroom cabin for the 2nd night.  It was fine though.  All 5 of us crammed in the hotel and we survived.  We even got to have a nice, cold, breakfast outside.  It felt very secluded because nobody else was really out anymore.  (We slept in a bit.)
After breakfast, we decided to hike to Robber's Cave.  This year, Reese got to walk and Baby K was in the baby carrier.  I love this picture of Witten and Reese.  He's being so sweet to her. 
And I love watching Mitch interact with them.  It ALWAYS makes me smile to look back at pictures where he's looking at our kids like this. 
They enjoyed being out in nature.  I wish we could spend more weekends like this.  Hopefully we'll be able to move to CO and do this more often.




Robber's Cave in all of it's glory.  It's not very big, but it's fun to explore it anyway. 
Holding up the ceiling!





Waiting for lunch.  We had another picnic outside. 
And played on the playground before dinner. 
And you can't go camping without making s'mores!  This is one of our favorite things to make. 


Yeah...that looks safe!
Much better. 
We let them get as messy as they want.  They'll wash.  I think it always stresses Mitch out a bit when they start eating their s'mores because he HATES messes!



No comments: