


Here's my living room from a few different angles.

I origionally thought that my kitchen was REALLY small, and wouldn't house my many dishes, but once we got evverything in, I found that it was deceptively big, and there is actually extra space in the cabinets for growth! I was really excited about that.
When I first moved in, the cabinets looked pretty bad, but we bought new pulls for them, and my mom cleaned them up, and it looks like a completely different cabinet. Now I don't feel like I need to tear out the whole kitchen.
We are planning on tearing dorn the paneling and the wallpaper, and doing a faux finish in there. There will hopefully be a knew oven and fridge too.

And here is my bedroom. You can't really see much of the room, but you can see my favorite piece of furniture, the dark wood sleigh bed with a leather insert. I LOVE IT!!! I was so excited when I found it because I've had this picture in my head of this type of bed for a few years, and I finally walked into a furniture store thinking to myself "Yeah...right...GOOD LUCK!" and there it was!
It's fun fixing up the house, and it has definitely stayed much cleaner so far than my old house. I tend to clean it every weekend so far. That's more the pattern I had in Oklahoma too, but when I moved to Irving, I just couldn't get my act together. I guess there's pride in ownership! It doesn't hurt any that it is so light and bright throughout the whole house!
2 comments:
I was wondering what had happened to you...now I know! lol. You've been busy! The house is looking great :)
the house looks great! I love your bed-it's exactly the kind of bed that I want someday. :)
Post a Comment