Ok, now that I have had a couple of days without too much parent/teacher interaction, I'm not feeling so cynical. Actually, it has been my dream for years to own my own business, and the new 7th grade English teacher and I talked some about businesses yesterday. I brought it back up to my mom, and she seems to think that it's a great idea. It's all just talk right now, but I'm really up for a change already. I love teaching, but I hate having 250 people who think that they have the right to tell me how to do my job. With my own business, it's all about me. I'm the reason I succeed or the reason I fail. (Well, God would actually be the reason I succeed, but it's not up to another human to tell me how I'm doing!) I'm going to do a bit of research on the whole thing this weekend. I won't be able to do as much as I would like because I have to work online at my parents' house still. On Tuesday, I should be getting phone service. At that time, I can log on via dial up using Mitch's dial up # until my DSL arrives.
On the home front, I love my new house! It's really everything I hoped for. The carpet looks wonderful, the furniture looks wonderful, and I am much more motivated to keep it clean. It's nice and bright throughout the house. I haven't hung any pictures yet, so the walls look a bit bare right now, and I don't have any accessories out yet either, but it'll come. I actually spent the day at Target and Peir 1 on Monday with Joanna looking for accessories and furniture for my Christmas list. Apparently I'm going to have to add a new TV to that list because mine seems to be dying fast! After the move, it developed a pink spot in the upper right hand corner of the screen, and a green one in the lower right hand corner. Last night, I noticed a big purple splotch stretching through the middle of the screen. I'm not sure how much longer the poor thing is going to last, and I'm not looking forward to shelling out some big bucks for a new one!
I found last night that Jude has been digging in the yard. Usually he digs out of every house that I move in to. That lasts for about a month. Well this time, he's digging under the shed. I'm not sure why! When I went to let him in last night, his feet were muddy, so Mitch and I dragged him out to the spot and punished him. After that, he slept on the porch instead of in the room. He was not happy about that.
I don't have any new pictures, but I'll post some as soon as I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment