My first Valentine's Day with Mitch was 2 years ago, and we spent it at a church party. The boys in the singles class put on a bit production at Christ's Haven. We all dressed up, and they served us some amazing Italian food and said nice things about us.
Last year, I was signed up to go to the singles Valentine's Day party, but I spent the morning in the emergency room, and the rest of the day at home with fever.
This year, we celebrated on Sunday. Mitch came over with red roses and the sweetest card. he's never written anything so sweet to me before. We left the house a few minutes later, and went to Grapevine Mills. I had been to Hillsboro the day before, and had told Mitch that I was disappointed that they didn't have a Mikasa anymore. A stoer owner at the mall said that they had all gone out of business. I guess the one at GM didn't get the memo though because Mitch took me by there to walk around before heading to Build A Bear. When we got in there, the store was packed with people no taller than my knee. We didn't have enough time before our dinner reservation to wait in the line, so we decided to drive down Main Street in Grapevine. We passed a Texas Teddy Bear Factory, and went in. I picked out a bear, and they had me make a wish on a star that they put inside the bear before they seal him up. Then Mitch picked out a name, and we went to find a shirt. The were out of Dallas Cowboys shirts, so we decided to wait until a later time to buy it. I found out that our reservation was for PF Changs. It was so good, and after dinner, we got this new dessert. It's called the Lucky 8, and has these 8 fried sticks that are 8-9 inches long and are filled with chocolate. They were served with hot peanut butter and caramel for dipping, and then you rolled that part into toffee chips. It was SOOO good!
When we got home, I gave Mitch his gift. I had gone to a class the weekend before, and made him a Valentine's Day scrapbook. He loved it, and looked through it a few times throughout the night.
Here are a couple of pictures.
5 comments:
How sweet! I'm glad ya'll had fun! I'm proud of you for scrapping! I don't have the patience!
looks like you had an awesome day! I'm so happy for you!!
:Barley is a lab/golden mix::
I'm glad that you guys had such a good time. I was kind of expecting a surprise at the end. I guess not yet, huh?! Just hoping! I don't know if you've looked back at my blog, but yes, JK is marrying Travis from Sooner.
JB
I'm with JB. I check this every day thinking you're gonna have an announcement on here! lol
Tell me. What do you mean?
JB
Post a Comment