Tuesday, February 27, 2007

We've Got RATS!!!

So I was hearing a lot of noise up in my attic, and Mitch and I decided that we must have rats. He went up there and set some poison out. They just nibbled on the first batch, so he set out a second batch with the contaminate Peter Pan peanut butter. We figured we'd put the salmonella to good use. Anyway, they ate 2 full blocks the next day. Then he started thinking that he'd rather set out a trap so that we could catch them and kill them, rather than having them crawl into a wall to die, so that's what he did. It took 2 days, but we caught him. In addition, we (and of course we means Mitch) found another dead one up there. The poison must have gotten to him. Mitch tied them both in a plastic bag, and we drove to the gas station with the rats hanging out of the window on a stick. Since the trash wasn't coming for another 3 days, we dumped them in a dumpster. I was feeling a little icky though, and the house still had a smell to it. On Saturday, Mitch found another rat, and it met the same fate as the first two. There was still a smell, and it was getting worse, so I did the unthinkable...I MOVED HOME!

It's now Tuesday, and I haven't been back in the house since Sunday. Mitch searched and searched for the rat, but to no avail...it's in the bedroom wall!!! Hopefully the smell will be gone soon, and life can resume as normal.

3 comments:

Staci said...

Living in the country we get lots of mice! I have so many stories it'd take up 3 blogs....but I'll tell you that dead mouse in the wall is the worst smell ever!!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Gross! We had rats at our old house. They are nasty!!
I hope that smell goes away soon.

Juli Beth

suzspeaks said...

yuck, yuck, yuck!!! I would have gotten out of there too!