I've been so busy lately. Now that work has started, things have gotten really hectic. I usually work from 7:00-5:30, but we had a parent/teacher night, I had to go to a couple of classes after school that lasted until 7:30, and I'm the Student Council sponsor, so I had to stay late do a jeans painting part with the 8th graders. You guys remember that from Martin? Anyway, we started it with 8th grade this year. Oh, I saw Mr. Huff the other day. That was pretty cool.
We went boating again for Labor Day. That was a lot of fun, but this time instead of Julie cracking her head on the knee board, the boat died, and we drove it out to Lancaster, where it started on the first try for those guys. Oh well!
We're out every weekend with friends. Last night we went to the drive in in Grandbury where we saw No Reservations. It was kind of cute. Today everyone came over to watch the Cowboys on our new plasma HDTV. We got the tv last weekend, and we got HD hooked up last night, just in time to see the game today. It was a lot of fun.
Mission Arlington also came out yesterday and hauled off a small truck load of stuff including a bed and an entertainment unit. Where do we get all of this stuff?!? I just had Mission Arlington come out in July, and they carried off 1/2 a garage filled with stuff. It's never ending!
There's not a whole lot to tell you. Most of the interesting stories in my life have to do with school, and are therefore confidential. The rest of it I really can't remember. I know we've done tons of fun things since last time I wrote, but I can't remember most of them.
Oh, I broke my camera last Friday before school started. That was the beginning of a REALLY bad morning. That happened. Then, I found out that the English teacher that was here before Hayley, who came last year, took the vocabulary quiz that I needed and never returned it, so I didn't have it to make copies with. I found it on overhead finally, and made copies using that. Then, we had a really difficult parent conference. It ended after my next class started, which meant that I got to class late, and felt very off my game. I had them get ready for the test, passed it out, and sat down to take a breath. As soon as I sat down, hands started popping up. It turns out that the test I made copies of were for the next week's words. I took them up, and handed them their new vocabulary packets, then began to make a key for a homework assignment they turned in the day before. When I was done, they graded it and when I was entering the grades, I realized that I had not followed the directions on the page, and I had them grade the whole thing wrong. Then, I had to call another parent who was a bit difficult, and this was all before 11am. The day got better after that until school was out. It was the 8th grade girl's jeans painting party. We had ordered pizza the day before from Little Ceasars, and the guy offered to deliver it to us, so we accepted. It was supposed to come before 4:30 and 5:00. At 5:05, Hayley went to call, and they said that they would not deliver it. After I took over, I had not only convinced them to deliver the pizza, but to knock $10 off the price, and throw in free bread sticks. When I told them that the check was already written so we would need change, he said they didn't accept checks. We had no pizza, and felt terrible because we had told all of the girls that it was coming. They were really great about it though.
That's it for now. I'm going to get back to the Bronco's game.
Oh, and Mitch and I went to see The Lion King on Thursday. It was so good. We had both seen it before, but it was wonderful!
5 comments:
Wow. Sounds like a crazy day last Friday! I bet you were happy for the weekend!
Where have ya been? Haven't heard from ya in a while!
I've had days like that! They are the kind that are funny to look back on but not fun at all while they are going on!!!
Steve
Hmmm. You're still MIA!?!?
So, how was your first Christmas?
JB
Post a Comment