Friday, January 04, 2008

Cowboys vs. Packers

Calling all husbands and brothers. Ladies, get the men to the computer screen, this is a good one.My best friend, college roommate, and maid of honor is a HUGE packers fan. She lived in Wisconsin during her formative years, and they kind of ruined her there. Anyway, you all probably know that Bret Favre has retired 4 years straight now. Well, for each of those 4 years, I would anxiously await the new football schedule to find out if there was a convenient game within 10 hours. No Dallas games. No Houston games. No KC games. There was a Denver game last year, but it was in December between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and it was on a Thursday. Try getting one teacher out of school before the end of the semester, and then double it. It just was not possible. This year though, we hit the jackpot. Packers...Cowboys...in Texas Stadium. Back in April when we found out the joyous news, who would have thought that Favre and his packers, 4-12 last season, would be tied with the Cowboys with only one loss.

Jo and I stayed on ticket sale watch all summer, but unfortunately we missed a week in there, and of course that was the week tickets went on sale. I ended up getting on a ticket site and we paid only twice the face value, the cheapest deal offered. For this price we got 2 tickets in the end zone on the lower level 20 rows up as well as a parking pass that we chose not to use. I really wish I had thought to sell it on eBay to make up some of the cost of the tickets.

On the way in to the stadium, a man offered us $2500 for each ticket. A guy walking in front of us said that for $5000 cash per ticket, he'd do it. I don't think you could have paid me enough to give up my seat.

We got there about an hour and a half early because we were worried about the status of our tickets. (We wanted to make sure that we were the first ones to show up with the tickets for our seats in case some were fake.) He stood at the rail right on the front when the packers came out, and took pictures of them practicing (and dancing). After being there for about 30 minutes, we got tired of standing, and went back to our seats.
The game got under way, and we were having a great time. Jo wasn't as happy as I was, but she was still having fun (Dallas is her 2nd favorite team.) I got a few good pictures at our end zone. One of them is Tony throwing the ball the opposite direction.
Later, I got this shot of Marion Barber getting tackled.
Then, I got this picture. Yes...that IS TO making a touchdown!
And I couldn't leave the stadium without getting a picture of the final scoreboard.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Now I love the Cowboys as much as anyone...but I think that for $5,000 I'd watch the game from our big screen tv at home!!!

You took some GREAT pictures!

Ledbetter Fam said...

How fun! I'm glad that worked out for you.

JB