Yesterday I was supposed to go to work as usual, and leave about 10 minutes before the bell rang to get home and leave with Mitch for a long drive to MN. We were going to drive to Kansas City last night and finish the drive this morning.
That's what was supposed to happen.
Instead, we spent all evening Tuesday in the ER waiting on my grandpa to get out of emergency surgery and wake up. I took the day off yesterday to spend in the hospital with my family. On the way to my parents house, I decided to take my car in for an inspection. (Side story: My check engine light has been on since my oil was changed, so it was going to fail inspection. It went off a couple of days ago though, so I thought I'd run it in before the light came back on.) When I was about 3 miles from the inspection place, the light came back on. I turned off and went to Firestone to get a diagnostic (something I was going to do on Monday, but the light went off on Sunday.) When I got there, they told me that the guy who runs those tests doesn't work on Wednesdays. Of course he doesn't! I left my car there, and my aunt and mom picked me up to go to the hospital.
We spent the whole day there. My grandpa looked SO good which was very exciting, but very unexpected. I felt really out of it all day. I was so groggy. It's like I never fully woke up or something. When my dad left at 3, I jumped at the chance to go with him. He took me back to their house and I grabbed my mom's car to go home. At 3:45, I pulled into my own driveway only to find out that I didn't have a means to get into the house. We only have one key still, my garage door opener was still in my car, and the garage keypad had never been set when we moved in. I was stuck. I called Mitch and asked him to leave right away.
While I was waiting, I had plenty of errands to run, but I rolled down the window and slept. 30 minutes later, Mitch called and said that he was leaving. Thanks for rushing home to let me in! He got there at 5.
It wasn't quite the day that I had expected, but it turned out to be pretty okay in the end.
1 comment:
sounds like "one of those days" ha!
Post a Comment