Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Ouch

Yesterday afternoon, we took Witten to a Urology appointment at Harris. When it was over, I noticed that his car seat cover wasn't on all the way from the last time we washed it a couple of nights ago. I began pulling and tugging on it trying to get it back in place while waiting for the nurse to come in and tell us when our next appointment would be when all of a sudden I felt a huge POP and all of a sudden I could barely breathe I was in so much pain. When the nurse came in, she concluded that I could have a fractured rib. I finally hobbled out to the car and screamed out in pain as I began to sit down. Mitch wanted to drive around to the ER, but after a text conversation with a doctor friend, we decided to just go to the after hours clinic. As we drove, I liked the idea of sitting for hours in an after hours clinic less and less, so we went home. I suffered through it over night and had planned to go to work this morning until I tried to get out of bed and couldn't do it without a few grunts, shrieks, and dirty looks from Mitch. He decided that I shouldn't go to work until I got it checked out, so I went back to sleep until the doctor's office opened for the day.

I made an appointment for 11, and we began slowly getting ourselves ready. We left at 10:10 and almost washed away on one part of 1187. We heard shortly after our trek through that area that people were actually being washed off the road right there. I was freaked out when we were going through it in Mitch's car, and more freaked out when I heard that! We had Witten in the car with us. I told Mitch that from now on, we will turn around and go home when the roads are questionable. (I was too freaked out to think about getting a picture.)

We got to 157 and crossed the highway, then saw that the road was closed and there was a car flooded to the windshield. We decided to try taking 287 to 20 to Cooper and going the long way around. I called to let the doctor know that we were on our way, and as we turned onto 20, we saw that they were completely stopped. We exited at Green Oaks, pulled into McDonald's, and called my parents to see if we could stay with them for a while, only to find out that their power was out. On to plan D. We ended up grabbing lunch and heading to Pleasant Ridge to eat and feed Witten. We stayed there for an hour and a half and by that time, the sun had come out. Also, someone that lives near us called my mom to let her know that all the water had cleared off of 1187. We changed cars (my SUV was at my parents house due to the rib injury last night), and headed home.

I have decided to not go to the doctor and head back to work tomorrow. I hope that the pain continues to go down. Right now, it's bearable, but it still hurts really badly when I get up or down.

No comments: