Sunday, December 19, 2010

Carrots and Green Beans

On Thursday, Witten had his check up to see how he was doing on cereal. He had grown to a whopping 14lbs, 4oz. The doctor was VERY pleased, and when I asked to see how he compared to the 7 month growth chart, he was JUST below the line. Now, this might not seem like much, but take into account that he is 3 months younger than everyone else his age (that sounds so weird), and that many kids don't get on the growth chart until their at least one, often two years old. He was almost touching the bottom line. I believe that he'll be on that chart by his 9 month check up, and I am so happy!

Anyway, she was so happy about the progress that after only 2 weeks of cereal, we moved on to baby food. We started with carrots because I thought it would be pretty tame on his little tummy. Well, he did well eating them, BUT, he had 3 huge blow outs at the babysitter the next day, and then 2 more dirty diapers when I got him home. (It was only a 1/2 day at school on Friday, and his 5 poos came before 3pm.)Yesterday, Witten was tired of carrots, so we decided to go ahead and move on to green beans today. He LOVED them! He ate almost an entire container of them. Then tonight, he finished off the carrots from yesterday, and today's green beans that were left. I can't believe how fast he is growing up.

1 comment:

Gena said...

Oh my goodness, I love your photo at the top of your page. That is so great Becky!