This is my typical day.
6:20 wake up (bathroom, get dressed, make-up, fill diaper bag, get bottles ready, get Witten in car seat and car seat in car)
6:40 pull out of driveway
7:05 get to babysitter
7:30 get to school just in time to tutor for an hour
8:30-4:10 teach
4:15 leave for babysitter
4:40 head for home with often crying baby in the back who doesn't understand why Mom just came and then put him in a seat facing away from her
5:10 play with Witten on the floor
5:30 feed Witten
5:45 sit with Witten in my lap because if he moves right after eating, he'll spew
6:15 carefully put Witten in car seat to sleep, try to get some dinner made if I'm going to cook, otherwise, work on picking up the living room
6:30ish Witten is awake and wants to be held (if we let him cry it out, he'll spew)
7:00 Mitch comes home with dinner, I eat with Witten in my lap on the couch
7:30 time to feed Witten again (can't put him down until 8:15
8:15 get Witten in bed and have time for one show on the DVR
9:00 wash bottles and get new bottles ready for tomorrow, maybe make it through a sitcom
10:15 feed Witten his nightcap (we always have great ambitions of getting to bed shortly after he's finished, but somehow it doesn't happen)
10:45 shower
11:15 bed
Somewhere in here I'm supposed to work on cleaning the house. Can anyone help me out on this one?!? I swear little elves come in and mess it all up. I can only manage to get the living room picked up from the day before between W's 5 and 7 feedings, and yet by the time I get home the next day, it's like we held a play group in the house! I can barely keep up with the living room, much less the kitchen, bedroom, closet, bathrooms, dining room, or Witten's room which is quickly becoming as cluttered as the rest of the house since we have all of his clothes that he has outgrown in his bed right now, and all of the clothes from the laundry on the chair, and all of the tags from his new clothes on the ottoman. When it comes to housework, my life is a little out of control right now!
3 comments:
Yeah, I try to clean on the weekends, but Mitch is usually busy, so I end up playing with and feeding Witten all day Saturday too. I do get a little more done then though...sometimes the kitchen even gets cleaned.
welcome to being a working mom. its a BIG adjustment in priorities!
it's a GREAT day when the bed is made and and AMAZING day if the kitchen is spotless when I go to bed! Joey does all of the laundry on the weekends (even putting it away) and he sweeps/vacuums. As for dusting and all the other little chores I use to do weekly... well they just get done when I can't stand it anymore! ha! I had to learn that it is WAY more important for Jax to see me playing w/ him than dusting! :)
You're doing a great job!!
Post a Comment