Sunday, March 27, 2011

10 Months Old

Witten turned 10 months old 2 weeks ago. I know, I know...this post is a little late in coming, but I guess better late than never right?!? Anyway, at 10 months old, Witten is babbling like crazy. He tries to imitate words, but they sound nothing like what we're saying, and he only does it when he wants to. He will not try to say what we want him to just because we ask. He can say mama, dada, baba, and more. More sounds like "ma", and that's the only word he uses in context. He only says mama when he's mad and wants my attention, so I'm not sure if he's really using it, or if that's just his mad sound. The other two he says in his babble, but not to communicate anything with us. He is desperately close to crawling (forward...you've already seen his amazing ability to go backward.) He is also rolling all over the place. This is currently his desired means of getting from point A to point B. Screaming often gets him where he wants to go too. I wait until he's given a good effort to crawling, then I pick him up and put him where he wants to be. I'm trying to teach him to sit up on his own. I feel like he's getting close, but who knows! He stands at the ottoman to play, but he's not starting to move around it yet. He does however know how to lower himself to the floor without falling backwards now which is a great accomplishment, and it saves us many tears. He has now taken a couple of steps while holding my fingers, but this is not a regular occurrence. It's only happened once. Other than that, he's just a happy baby, and I am so glad to be his mama. Even if I only hear my name out of frustration...I'm sure I have years and years ahead of me with that one!

1 comment:

Bluebonnet said...

Oh yeah. "Mama" "Mother" "Mom" can sound like an endearment or a by-word! The frustrating "Mom" is the one you'll hear the most when he's a teen (if he's anything like his own mom). :-)