We took Mitch's Honda Civic instead of my Trailblazer in order to save about $150 on gas. I ended up having to sit behind Mitch most of the trip so that Witten didn't cry. I spent most of the time playing with him, feeding him, singing 96 renditions of Jesus Loves Me (that's throughout the entire 6 days), and reading out loud to Mitch when Witten was happily playing with his toys or sleeping. We tried not to get him out of his seat too much (even to change him) because getting him out made it a bigger battle getting him back in. Witten was sick on the way up. He even threw up in his seat. Fortunately, we had a towel over him because this was not our first rodeo, so we didn't get too much on the seat.
While driving up there, I told Mitch that I really wanted to stop City Bites in Edmond because I hadn't eaten there in years, so we went a bit out of the way. Luckily, my good friend Suzanne was able to come and see us. This was the first time our two preemies met. I've known Suzanne since 3rd grade, and even though we only got to spend 15 minutes together, it was like no time had passed since the last time we saw eachother a couple of years ago. While Suzanne and I were visiting, Mitch went out and cleaned up the seat as best he could.
Witten watched a little bit of Veggie Tales on the way up. I can't wait until he's old enough to really be able to pay attention to a tv show. I don't want him to watch all the time, and we'll probably limit his daily tv, but it would be nice to be able to let him watch a movie when we're going to be in the car for 10 hours!
I have a feeling I'll be seeing this a lot if he grows up to be anything like his daddy!We were excited to go to MN because Mitch's grandpa had never met Witten, and we really wanted him to have that opportunity. Edward loved Witten, and we had a good time visiting with him.
We got to see one of Mitch's aunts and uncles twice. They own a deli, so we went to have lunch there on Tuesday. Loren took 1/2 a day off and met us there (his Spring Break was last week). It was fun to get to talk to some of his extended family in a smaller setting. This is the first of my four visits where we really just got to sit back and relax without there being large crowds of people always around. I had just bought an iPad the day before we left (they came out with the new ones that day, and I decided to buy the old one because it was $100 off.) While we were there, we introduced Bev to Angry Birds.
No comments:
Post a Comment