Thursday, April 07, 2011
Another Case of Answered Prayers
We have been going through a lot lately on my campus. Many people are being cut, and even though in the way of "English" teachers, I've been there the 2nd longest out of 5 of us, there were a lot of variables that went in to deciding your ranking on your campus. Suddenly, we were considered a 7 English teacher campus because reading and ESL counted, and I was the 2nd from the bottom with two people needing to be cut. This was brought to my attention on Tuesday, and I was told that I would get the official word today. I talked to my principal about what I had heard from other people in the district, and I told her that I didn't believe that my position was that low. She said that she would look in to it. Today, the principal sent out messages to all teacher effected by the cuts. I was not one of them, and in my department, we only ended up losing one person. My heart is so torn right now because while I am over the moon with joy for still having my own job, I am so sad for my friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment