We went to church and then drove quite a ways to eat brunch at Mimi's. When we got there, they told us it would be 20-25 minutes, so I grabbed some puffs from the diaper bad because Witten was VERY hungry, and he ate those. After 35 minutes, Mitch went back in to find out how much longer it was going to be, and the guy told us maybe 5-10 minutes. After 50 minutes, I went and talked to the boy myself. By this time, many couples who came after us had been seated, and others were complaining. I told the guy that 50 minutes ago, we would told it would be 20-25 minutes, and that I had a baby who was starving. He finally got us seated, and they brought us a little plate with a little container of Cheerios. We used those and a jar of baby food to pacify Witten until our food finally came. The food was fine, but I'm not thinking that we're going to be going back any time soon. I don't think the experience would have been so bad if they had just given us a better estimate of how long it was going to take in the first place.
I bought Witten's Easter basket from my favorite online kids store, www.Chasing-Fireflies.com. If we had had a girl, we would be broke! They are definitely proud of their clothes, but their boy's clothes aren't much cuter than Children's Place or Gymboree, so we're good there. There are a couple of outfits I'll probably splurge on in a couple of years for Witten, but for now, I've kept it to fun items like Santa's Sleigh Bell, a Santa Key, and a few other things.
This Easter, I ordered this basket from them, and I LOVE it! It's even personalized. How cute is this?
Mitch and I jumped back into our Easter outfits right before we put Witten to bed so that we could get the obligatory Easter family picture. This is unfortunately the best we got. I was sitting next to Mitch in a few of them, but Witten never looked up in them. We finally had to put a monkey on top of the camera so that Witten would look up. It was late though, so we only got one last shot.I ordered these pajamas from the same web site as the basket. I got a 2T in the hopes that they'll fit next spring too.
As soon as we were done with pictures, we took the pants back off. It was WAY too hot for pants. It has cooled down lately though, so we've gotten a couple more uses out of the shirt.Before bed, Daddy decided to read Witten a couple of Bible stories.
1 comment:
Proud grandmother here!
Post a Comment