Witten had to stay home from school today because he puked during nap time yesterday. Since I was home with a "sick" kiddo, I took the time to make his birthday cupcakes for school tomorrow. We also hung out on the couch and watched a lot of PBS. Right as I was about to put him down for a nap, it started raining...HARD. He wanted to go out without shoes on and play in the water. I told him that after his nap, he could put on his rain boots (monster boots as he calls them) and jump in the puddles for a while.
When he woke up, we got ready to go pick up Reese from school, and then spent about 15-20 minutes playing in the puddles.
He LOVED jumping up and down and splashing in the water.
The boots had to come off before we got in the car!
We decided to walk down to that fire hydrant off in the distance and back before leaving to pick up Reese. We also decided that if Daddy got home in time, we would make a second trip out to play in the puddles tonight.







No comments:
Post a Comment