Monday, June 10, 2013

Barnabas...AKA Barney...AKA the Ghost

Do I believe in ghosts...no...at least, I don't think that I do.  I do believe in evil spirits.  After living in a country where exocism isn't a taboo topic, it's hard not to believe that they're out there.  Does that mean that ghosts exhist?  Well, I used to say difinitively, NO!  Now, who knows.  I choose to not believe, but that doesn't mean that they're not there.

Odd topic...I know...the thing is...weird things happen at this new dwelling of ours.  (Mostly things that do with battery operated equipment, so I don't put much stock in the ghost scenario, but it's funny, and it gives us something to blame all wrongdoing on!)

So, we have this exiscaucer.  Witten loved it, Reese tolerates it.  We leave it on most of the time because it's quite unless there is a child in it.  At least, it used to be quiet.  Now, if we leave it on, it goes off at random times.  Now, when it was this one section (there are multiple areas that make noise) that went off, we didn't think much of it.  That toy would go off even if you just bumped it because it's kind of motion sencored.  This other toy on the exiscauser started going off the other night though.  It's one where you actually have to press a button in order to make it work.  It went off every few seconds for a couple of minutes, then it stopped. 

I was driving in the car the other day.  The kids had been playing with a 4 key toy piano.  They left it on, and it got stuck between the two seats.  A few days later, I was driving down the road, and it started making this HORRID sound!  The batteries are dying, so it wasn't even on key, but it was like someone was pressing the button over and over again.  I finally had to turn the radio up to drown it out because I couldn't reach it. 

There have been other weird instances that have escaped my memory at the moment, but there you have it.  Real or imaginary, we have a new member of our house.  We have named him Barnabas, Barney for short.  Time will only tell if he is accepting of this name. 

So, if you ever hear me refer to Barney, you know who I'm talking about!

No comments: