On Saturday, I drove out to my old house in Irving where my parents were working, and I picked up some of my stuff that I'm going to sell. (I have probably 2 FULL truckloads worth of garage sale items, as well as a couch and a bed.)
Sunday rolled around, and after church, I hung out at home watching football and sulking about the Cowboys. Mitch came over later, and I opened my gift. I was so excited to see that he had gotten me the archaeological Bible that I have been asking for since last Spring. It is really great, and gives tons of background information. I highly recommend it for personal Bible study time.
On Monday, we went to Blue Mesa for dinner with my parents. The chips were SOOOO good, and blue...I didn't totally love my meal, but I had so much fun, so it didn't really matter. Mitch's parents called during dinner to wish me a happy birthday, which was really nice. When we got home, I found a card with a couple of gifts from them, as well as a card from my cousin. My parents bought me a bed for my birthday. I got it on Friday, but haven't finished putting it together yet. I will soon have a guest bed...just as soon as I am able to put it together and buy a mattress. (I got the bedding for it for Christmas. We're going to make the guest room have an African theme because I have so much stuff from there, and it's very important to me.)
Since it is not yet together, I will just post a picture of the bed from online.
Here is a picture of the things that I bought with Christmas and Birthday gift cards from Target.
Here is a picture of the things that I bought with Christmas and Birthday gift cards from Target.
3 comments:
That will be such a cool guest room!
Sorry that you didn't have the best weekend ever...but glad that you got to spend it with family and friends :)
Happy Birthday...late!!!!!
Love the Target stuff & the bed!!!
I'm glad I can see your blog again!!
Hey...saw your comment on JK's blog about Target. NIGHTMARE!!! You can only have 2 non receipt returns per year (starts with your first return). Here's the only way I've found around it. If something is on your registry you can return it w/o a receipt. So....if you get something from there and it's not on your registry...go online and add it to the registy before you try to return it. When you go into the store print off your registry and then they'll use that as your "receipt". Good luck!
Post a Comment