OK, I am about to retell a story of an event that happened this morning. To understand the story, you must understand two things.
1. PASS is a class for emotionally disturbed (or ED) kids. These are kids who may yell obscenities, spit, punch, or much worse impulsively. The two teachers in the PASS room are big guys who get to school between 7:00am and 7:30am even though we don't have to be there until 8:50. I walk in with the guys a lot of mornings.
2. The only other "big" guys in the building are the APs, and they don't show up until around 8:00am.
And now...here's the story. (I actually sent this out on group messages at school. We send funny things sometimes to brighten up peoples' days.
As I was innocently walking back into my room this morning after my daily trek to the copy machine, I was greeted by the world's largest flying roach. We're talking jungles of the Amazon size here! So, I did what any logical person would do. I called the PASS room. Where else in the building are you going to find two big burly guys ready to save a fellow teacher in distress at 7:30 in the morning. Then it happened. The huge roach went flying across the room, and just as I let out an ear piercing screech, I heard the door across the hall open, and Mr. Taylor stepped out. A soft light hit him as if the Heavens themselves had opened, and I could faintly hear the angels singing. I was quickly snapped out of my euphoric state when I heard the unsettling crunch of the roach beneath Mr. Taylor's foot.
Shout out to Mr. Taylor!
No comments:
Post a Comment