Sunday, September 21, 2008

Realtor

Our realtor came out yesterday to take a look at the inside of the house and "measure" it. The first thing he said when he walked through the door was, "Your house is too nice for the neighborhood." Ok...thanks for the compliment on the house, but that doesn't bode well for the sale. As we went around and pointed out the things we were planning on fixing still, he said, "Don't." Ok...less work on our part...

He said that he already had two calls on the house, and we weren't even listed yet. Then, he gave us a number we could live with, so here we go...we're selling our first house. Seeing the sign in the front yard is a little scary. I've never sold a house before. So many things are running through my mind. Are we doing the right thing? Are we going to get what we want? Are we going to find a house that we love? Are we going to be able to afford it? And, I love this house! Why am I doing this again??? I know why...we want room for Mitch's family to stay here...we want room to expand our own family...we want to not have a cluttered house because there's nowhere to put things. (I am so NOT a pack rat, but you'd be surprised what piles up in our office! Then, I have to beg Mitch to get rid of things because he sees future use in everything, and I see something that is taking up space.)

I know all of this is normal, but it's a little scary.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I can totally relate to all your fears...they are the exact same things I have thought about. and we aren't even selling quite yet. It's still a few years off, but I know when that time comes I'm going to feel exactly how you do. Hope it sells quickly and you find the perfect house!

Staci said...

Good luck! That's great that you've already had a few calls on it! It's a buyers market right now...so I'm SURE you'll find something you love for a great price!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Good luck! We are hoping to officially have ours on the market soon.

JB