In honor of his new baby boy, here is Erik's 'Days of Yore' post. I've been waiting two weeks to make this one! If you would like to see a picture of Braden Mathew Jones, click on his name.
I'll start by showing you guys what I sent to them. I saw this towel online, and since the baby room was a cowboy room, I had to get it. I got this from chasing-fireflies.com, and I love their products. They have some uber cute old fashioned outfits.
The I made a little bath kit to go with it. If you are using any other diaper rash product that Butt Paste, you need to switch! I know you guys are thinking that since I'm not I mom, I don't know what I'm talking about, but I've changed A LOT of diapers. Probably more than most of you! I worked at a special needs learning center for a couple of years, changing about 45-60 diapers a day, and dealing with constant diaper rash. This stuff was the best. I must admit that when I had a stomach virus, I tried it out on myself and felt MUCH better!This picture is circa 1995, the summer after 8th grade. I believe that other than an old 7th grade school picture, this is the oldest picture I have of Erik.

What's with those bangs??? And check out my left hand. Is that some kind of gang sign?

This picture is obviously from Sooner. We were SO 90's!

This is from my orchestra banquet in 1996. I'm not quite sure why I thought we needed to match! I just noticed the black and white. Apparently I really do do everything in black and white!
This I believe is from the Maine mission trip. We may have been at a skating rink. Not sure though.
Work Camp 1997. This was a fun year because we finally got to be in the older group. Those shorts are from when Erik and I went up to OC so that I could audition for my scholarship. He stayed with Evan B., and we got these shorts after Spring Sing I believe. Mine have since become painting shorts too.
This last picture is from that same year at work camp. This one made an appearance in our wedding video. I think my mom said it's one of her favorites. Don't know why, but I think it's kinda cute too...oddly enough, this same cut off sweatshirt made another appearance the following Fall when I tried chewing bananas and drinking 7-Up. Amy B. said I would foam at the mouth. I did...only my mouth was closed, so it shot out of my nose, banana chunks and all. Lots of good memories in this crazy shirt.

This is from my orchestra banquet in 1996. I'm not quite sure why I thought we needed to match! I just noticed the black and white. Apparently I really do do everything in black and white!
This I believe is from the Maine mission trip. We may have been at a skating rink. Not sure though.
Work Camp 1997. This was a fun year because we finally got to be in the older group. Those shorts are from when Erik and I went up to OC so that I could audition for my scholarship. He stayed with Evan B., and we got these shorts after Spring Sing I believe. Mine have since become painting shorts too.
This last picture is from that same year at work camp. This one made an appearance in our wedding video. I think my mom said it's one of her favorites. Don't know why, but I think it's kinda cute too...oddly enough, this same cut off sweatshirt made another appearance the following Fall when I tried chewing bananas and drinking 7-Up. Amy B. said I would foam at the mouth. I did...only my mouth was closed, so it shot out of my nose, banana chunks and all. Lots of good memories in this crazy shirt.
2 comments:
Wow!!! Seeing these pics when my son is less than 24 hours old makes me glad he looks more like his mother! :) Becky, thanks for everything! I don't have a ton of friends up here outside work and it's nice to have old friends so willing to lend a hand from so far away. Cindy and I thank you.
Great pictures!!! I didn't realize that Erik had a blog! His baby is sooooo cute!!!
Post a Comment