So we eat out almost every night. I'm not a chef, and I HATE dishes! On Sunday, Mitch and I came to an agreement that for this week, if he made it into the office by 8am (he usually gets in at 9am) and left between 4 and 4:45 (he usually leaves between 5:45 and 7), then we could cook dinner together, his main tasks being picking up the food for that night, and then doing the dishes after dinner.
Last night I made garlic chicken on a bed of salad with mozzarella cheese and ranch dressing. We tasted some new organic dressing, but it wasn't good, so we went to Kraft. I haven't have Kraft ranch in years. I was not diggin' the Hidden Valley, so we tried the Kraft, and I love it! It tastes more like restaurant ranch.
Tonight we had penne pasta with homemade...that's right...HOMEMADE alfredo sauce and garlic chicken. I used wheat pasta, and I love the taste of the wheat, but Mitch wasn't as big a fan, although he loved the rest. Oh well..you try to make something a little healthier...
Here's a picture of the pasta. It's not in a nice presentation because I didn't think about the picture until we had finished and I boxed up the left overs.
4 comments:
With the cheese and all, it was probably still cheaper than eating out. Healthier, too. I'm starting to love eating at home as a family. It's just getting into the routine that's hard.
That's always been our agreement...someone cooks, someone cleans. There's no reason the woman has to do it all when you both work, right? We only eat out on the weekends, but I will admit, we are usually too tired to do much, so we end up eating chicken from the freezer and pasta. EZ, but good. :) I don't have time for anything more than that... :)
Good for you! I am trying to cook more, too. I LOVE to cook. It's finding the time when we're all home that is hard! We're working on making it work!!!
JB
The hardest thing for me is figuring out WHAT to cook!! Dave Ramsey recommended this website: www.e-mealz.com It's awesome! If you use the code DAVE it's only $12.50 for 3 months! It's helped a lot!
Post a Comment