Well, it rained for quite a while last night, and it was in the low 20's outside, so the roads this morning were a solid sheet of ice. It didn't warm up until after noon, so school was canceled. Mitch thought he might drive in until I reminded him that ice and snow aren't the same, and there's a reason why we shut everything down for ice storms. Then we watched the news, saw the cars on the highways, and he decided to remote from home for the rest of the day. They had originally planned a 10am late start, then a 12pm late start, but by 11, things hadn't gotten better, so he's working in the office.
I on the other hand have enjoyed a day of making breakfast, cleaning the kitchen, watching TV and napping, and I just got out of the shower after a 40 minute workout on the elliptical while watching The City and Daddy's Girls, which I had recorded on Monday night. It's been a nice day off, but I won't be so happy about it come June when I have to spend a Saturday at school!
No comments:
Post a Comment