Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So Productive

Today's a holiday. I'm not sure which one, but I think it's Martin Luther King Day. It always makes me think they they should either switch Martin Luther King Day and President's Day, or Black History Month should be in January. Does this make more sense to anyone but me? Anyway, due to the extra day off this weekend, I thought I'd work on some things that really needed to get done. Here's kind of how my day went.

5:00am - Wake up for the first time, go to the bathroom, and go back to bed.
6:00am - Mitch wakes up to use the bathroom which wakes me up, so I go again, notice that his alarm isn't turned on, and turn it on.
6:40am - Mitch wakes up again. I tell him that he forgot to turn his alarm on last night. He says, "I know." I ask him why he didn't turn it on. He says he didn't need it to go off unless he needed to get up. I told him it's Monday, he needs to get up. He says that he doesn't have to get up. I ask why, and he finally mentions FOR THE FIRST TIME...that he too has the day off. Mitch gets up, I go back to sleep.
8:10am - I wake up for the third time and decide to get started on the day. No use in laying around anymore.
8:20am - I'm dressed, have used the bathroom for the third time in as many hours, and I have put on my makeup. I have a quick discussion with Mitch about our plans for the day and then we decide to drive to Arlington to get my car inspected.
8:45am - stop at McDonald's to get breakfast to eat while we wait for the inspection. Mitch notices that instead of crossing the street, we can go next door to get the car inspected, so we drive over there and decide to walk back and sit at McDonald's.
8:50am - The man at the inspection place tells us not to bother going to McDonald's, they started remodeling yesterday, so the interior is closed.
9:20am - get the car out of the inspection place and decide to go through the drive thru at McDonald's before going down the street to drop stuff off at my parent's house.
9:22am - realize that the drive thru is closed.
9:26 am - arrive at my parent's house. My dad is outside working on the roof. We go in for a few minutes to talk.
10:05 am - leave my dad's to get back home so that I can drop Mitch off.
10:15 am - stop at another McDonald's and get food in drive thru
10:20 am - arrive at a gas station with a car wash
10:23 am - realize that the car wash is broken, and drive home with s still dirty car
10:45 am - drop Mitch off and head out to Discount Tires in Ft. Worth
10:55 am - decide to call the vet on the way to kill 2 birds with one stone. make an appointment for both dogs to get vaccinated on my way to work tomorrow (I pass right by the vet on Cooper)
11:15 am - arrive at discount tires only to find out that they don't have the tires I want, choose another tire, and pay
11:30 am - Joanna picks me up from Discount Tires, and we go to lunch
11:45 am - Eat with Joanna at Kincaid's (get full after the burger because of my late breakfast, and throw away all of my fries)
12:20 pm - stop at our favorite stop when we're together, Target. Jo buys lotion (I convince her that since it lasts 4 months, it's ok to buy the $6 lotion that works better than the Suave she just bought) and I buy new towels and a bath mat for the Cowboy bathroom
12:45 pm - We stop at half price books so that Jo can buy a book to read at TMEA
1:00 pm - We go to Bed Bath and Beyond so that I can find some pot holders, don't find any there, but find plenty of products to make fun of. I put a silicon potholder on my hand that's shaped like a giraffe and talk to Jo through it. We laugh about the blankets with arm holes, and the plastic beer container shaped like a barrel with a spout.
1:45 pm - I pick up my car from Discount Tires, and laugh when I find that even with new tires, my car still squeals when I turn.
(before)
(after)
2:10 pm - pass a gas station with a car wash, turn around and go back to it, buy gas, and get $2 off the price of the car wash for buying more than 8 gallons
2:20 pm - sing at the top of my lungs to a Cranberries song while driving down I-35 on my way home
3:00pm - We left to look at furniture. We started out by looking at desks for the office, but ended up looking at beds and an office chair too.
This is the chair that we want, but we're going to get a different fabric on it if we end up getting it.
This is the leather and fabric that we want.
6:55pm - drop Mitch off at Subway, drive next door to Jack in the Box, go back to pick Mitch up from Subway, and head home to eat
7:15pm - settle in for the evening on the couch and watch my reality smut
All in all, it was a great day, and I got a ton of work done.

3 comments:

suzspeaks said...

i'm exhausted just from reading!! ha! glad you got so much done!

The Brackeens said...

I love that you find out on Monday morning that he had the day off. That's definitely something I would scream from the rooftops on Friday afternoon, but everyone is different. We definitely have common occurances of "did you tell me that...?" and usually I say - yeah at least twice...but that's to a boy and they hear you, but don't LISTEN. You know what I mean. Oh well, I still love him.

Staci said...

Wow! That was one busy day!