Monday, January 05, 2009

1st Day Back Blues

It's not that I minded going back to school, it's that I took sleepy cold pills last night, and was still up 7-10 times last night. I thought those things were supposed to knock you out...I mean tornado through the house, wake up with no roof over your head 8 hours later kind of sleep.

My throat hurt all day, so I welcomed my kiddos back and then told them that they would be reading independently and answering the questions since my voice wasn't going to hold out all day. I think they must have felt bad because they didn't talk AT ALL!

Tomorrow though, well, that's a fun day for them, but a painful day for me. We play a review game for their test, and they love it, but it's constant talking for me all day. Can we say peppermints? That's what I'll be sucking on all day. They totally work, and don't give you the runs when you OD. Ah ha...bet you didn't know you could overdose on cough drops did you?

5 comments:

Staci said...

Seriously?!? You can OD on cough drops?

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

Yep, gives you the runs. Check on the package. It happened to me once when I downed 20 in a day and the package said no more than 10!

suzspeaks said...

Wow...that's something I didn't know!! haa

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh my! I didn't know that! I hope you feel better soon. I've got some crud going on too and it is not fun.

JB