Hm...sounds like an episode (or 20) of Punky Brewster...
Anyway, this year, my job description changed a bit. All other years, I've had 5 classes (4 regulars, and 1 Pre-AP) along with 2 conference periods (1 personal, and 1 team). This year though, we are down a full team of teachers because our student numbers dropped, so I volunteered taking on the challenge of teaching not only my usual 7th graders, but also 8th graders. For the four of us who chose this path, we were greatly rewarded with the following...6 classes of ALL Pre-AP students (which only leaves 1 conference, but hey...it's a trade off)! Now, this can be a blessing and a curse. A blessing because your class is full of the tip of the top...the cream of the crop...like having your own ice cream shop...wait...that's Blue Bell...I digress...they are typically your more studious kids (with a few exceptions of course). The draw back is really the parents. They tend to get upset more easily, and cause a bigger stink when they don't get their way. It's all worth it though for the last 3 glorious days!
My 3 8th grade classes have been fun since Monday. We joked around and had fun on rule day because I didn't have to scare the crud out of them in order to impress upon them how difficult Pre-AP is. My 7th graders and I have had a slower time of it, but I am still happy with the kids that I got, and I know that we're going to have a great year.
Here's to a fun filled year of all Pre-AP students, and the hopes of at least one more before my world gets turned upside-down again!
No comments:
Post a Comment