I cry in movies when the animals are harmed or killed. Was movies where the horses are killed make me mad, when dogs die I lose it (I don't think I'll ever watch Marley and Me). On Friday, Mitch and I watched Disney's Earth, which is the same footage from Planet Earth, but with James Earl Jones as the narrator. I was loving it...seeing all of the animals and scenery in high def was so cool. But then, the animals started dieing. A baby elephant got separated from the herd when they were traveling towards the water. He started following his mom's footsteps in the opposite direction. He surely died out there with no water and no protection. A gazelle was traveling with the rest of the pack when a wolf chased it down. After a dramatic chase scene, when we were told that with it's speed, it could outrun the wolf as long as it didn't get tripped up, the wolf won. Elephants and lions were sharing a small watering hole. One elephant got separated from the herd at night, and the lions attacked, bringing it down.
At this point, I was done. I turned it off and put it back in the case to return to Blockbuster. We've had this movie for about 6 weeks, and have never gotten around to watching it until now. When I turned it off, I wished that we had returned it weeks ago.
This morning before church, I was watching CMT. They are big supporters of the humane society, so they had a commercial with these beaten, abandoned, and abused animals. It was a rough commercial to see. Mitch tried to ask me a question while we were watching it, but I didn't hear a word he was saying.
I can't wait to see what kind of blubbering fool I'm going to be once I have kids...I hear that it gets worse at that stage. Speaking of, we'll find out this week if this round worked or not. Send up some prayers for us if you think about it!
3 comments:
PG hormones will definitely increase the number of tears in your house! lol
I change the channel when those commercials with the sad puppies come on! Can't watch!
-Julie
Planet earth really gets me, too. ESPECIALLY that baby elephant and the polar bear that starves. It KILLS me. That's also why I donate to the ASPCA...even though my husband wonders why. I can't stand it, either. We are of like mind (Or heart) on this one.
Post a Comment