Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Little Down

Today I have been feeling a little down. I have many friends who I was formerly in the singles group with that are now pregnant. It's going to be a lot of fun for us all to have kids the same age. The only problem I'm having is that I keep finding out that more and more of my friends are getting to either move to part time, or just stay home altogether, and I'm feeling very envious. I don't want to go back to work full time. I'd love to find a part time job or stay home, but we can't afford it right now. We are well on our way to paying off all debt, but if we crack down really hard, it'll still probably be a year from now before we are completely debt free. It's a good feeling knowing that we're working so hard to get it down right now even in the midst of buying a lot of baby furniture and other items. I know that once the little guy is born, we won't be able to pay as much off a month as before, so it's great that we're getting it done now.

After talking to my mom tonight, and making a game plan for the next year with Mitch, I am feeling better about the situation, but I still can't help but be a little jealous of my friends who get to stay home right away.

2 comments:

Gena said...

I think I stayed home with my daughter and taught a little when she was born. It's hard for me now when I see women that get to do nothing but stay at home completely. It usually hits me around emotional times of the month anyways, if you know what I mean. I'm just too emotional.

I hope you will be able to figure out a way to eventually get to where you want to be. It's harder on you than anyone. Newborns and toddlers are resilient. They will always know you are Mom and they will always know you love them. Thinking about you!

The Brackeens said...

If that is what you really, really want to do, you can work it out. Do a budget. We did. Take it from someone who is living off of a resident's salary. I know several residents who were able to do it with 3 kids and a wife to support on only a resident's salary. I don't know how they did that, but I guess they were just really motivated. We're pretty squeezed with just the 3 of us. Like Lauren said, you just have to give up some things you THINK you can't live without. Or look on the bright side and realize that you will have summers to spend with the kids and that is more than a lot of moms get. I'm very proud of you for tackling the debt. That is tough, and you are right, it is about to get MUCH harder.