I'm sorry to all else I neglected this weekend, but I'm very proud of my list that got done.
If you had ever met our dog Jude, you'd know that the amount of hair he shed was endless...and this is not figurative language...no hyperbole here (yes, I'm an English teacher, it's my job to throw out these big terms)...I would get him washed and dried (the kind of dry where they blow out the bottom coat), and then I could come home and fill an entire grocery bag with hair while combing him before giving up and bringing him inside. All that to say that yesterday was the first day I vacuumed the house since he died. Ok...ok...try not to count back to how long ago that was...we've been busy, and I somehow just couldn't bring myself to erase the remaining evidence of him in the house. Anyway, I got the living room and breakfast nook done, then Mitch had to empty the vacuum for me. I then moved into the bedroom where I cleaned out behind my nightstand (I don't want to even get into how much stuff had dropped back there in the past year.) I pulled it out, vacuumed behind, in front, and beside the nightstand, and finished the small bit of floor space between my side of the bed and the wall leading to the rest of the house and the bathroom. Then I had to stop because in that 4'x16ish' space, I had completely filled the vacuum again. This brought an end to the vacuuming for the weekend.
Part of my weekly chores are to pick up around the front of the house (somehow for only two people living here, a lot of stuff accumulates over the week.) I got the kitchen, breakfast, and living room done fairly quickly.
Since I had an extra day this weekend (Good Friday), I decided to tackle one of my organizational projects. I completely cleaned up our room (it normally gets neglected because we're the only ones that see it.) I dusted EVERYTHING, cleaned off EVERYTHING, washed the sheets, and put our new bedspread on the bed. (We got a new bedspread because we've been using a duvet for years and didn't like that all of the stuffing was on our feet and not evenly distributed. It was also too hot.) Then I decided that it was time to clean out or nightstands and make room for what really needed to be in there. That was fun. I LOVE organizing! It's the everyday cleaning that I hate so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment