Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What A Difference A Day Makes

We took Riley out 3 times last night because we didn't zip the kennel closed. I was so proud of her for not going inside, and I think I pushed her a little too far this morning when I didn't put her out as soon as I got up. Once I opened the bathroom door, she ran straight to the closet and peed on the carpet...never mind that she had just run across quite an expanse of tile. No...she went for the carpet. I guess I should be grateful that she had enough sense not to do it in our room which she considers to be "her space".

No big deal...I swatted her, put her out, and cleaned it up. Not much there to taint such a perfect track record. When I got home, all seemed fine, so I did a few things that needed to be done, and as I was taking before photos of the baby's room, I heard a low, guttural, single bark from Lucy unlike I had heard before, and I was curious. When I looked through the baby's window, I could see Lucy running along the side fence inside the yard with Riley running along beside her outside the yard. I dropped my camera, yanked my socks off (so much faster than putting shoes on), and ran out to get her. She was so ready to play that she just ran right up to me. I got her inside, washed off my feet from the mud I had just run through, and then took the time to notice that she had chewed almost all the way through her collar.

Ok...that's 0 for 3 in the perfect puppy department today. We have a plan for the peeing problem tomorrow, and are still thinking on a remedy for the escape/chewing problem that has crept up on us. We're thinking of either kenneling her for the day until I can be home for a few days (Friday-Sunday) to figure out a better solution, or locking her in our bathroom with nothing on the floor so that she has more space. We'd probably put Lucy in there with her because she likes to be wherever Riley is.
Even with all of that, I dare you to be mad at this face!

No comments: