Take pictures of furniture for Craig's List. - Check
Put together new desk. - Almost check
Pick up new puppy. - Check
Mitch and I had talked about getting a second dog once Jude died, but when it actually happened, we thought we might not want to. We were fine just having Lucy. The loss of Jude is still fresh, and we didn't want it to seem like we were replacing Jude. We never could. After much debate, Mitch and I decided that it would be best for Lucy to have another dog to play with. Especially with a baby coming. She's been pretty down since Jude died even though he ignored her. We took her out to a rescue yesterday and picked out a new dog. She was really interested in the full grown husky, and that would have been fine with us, but she is really good at getting out, and we don't have time for a high maintenance dog like that right now. Instead, we go one of her last two puppies from a litter of 6. Her name was Aphrodite. After a lively conversation over names in the car including The Cat (so Mitch can say, I'm letting in Lucy and The Cat), Constance, Penelope, Dorkus, Ruth, and even random funny words like Topiary and Topography, we settled on Riley. (The only names truly in the running were Riley, Molly, and Bella, but we had some great laughs coming up with ridiculous names.)
These two pictures don't do justice on just how small she is. She can walk right under Lucy without hitting her belly. Lucy's not too keen on this though as Riley has tried to nurse on Lucy a couple of times. She does not enjoy this at all!
2 comments:
She is adorable! I am so glad you went to a rescue to get her. Can you imagine such a sweet face without a home? It tears me up, really. I wish I could take them ALL home. So sad. I hope potty and puppy training goes well...and quick. Before Baby T gets here. :)
How cute! I'm impressed that you'd take on a new puppy and a baby at the same time! Whew!
Post a Comment