Let's get the sad stuff out of the way.
Jude isn't doing well. We're not sure of his status at the moment. I thought we were going to have to put him down last Monday; we didn't. He's not looking good though. He lost a lot of blood last Sunday, and he's just drained of energy. We can't get him to eat anymore. For a few day eggs or Pupperoni in his food were working; that stopped. Chicken sandwiches from MacDonald's were working; that stopped. Double cheeseburgers worked...sort of; that stopped. We'll see what happens this week.
My grandpa is hit and miss. With all that I have been dealing with with Jude, I haven't gone to see him much lately. It's too hard to see him the way he is. Although he is getting much stronger, he's still struggling to eat, so he can only eat with the therapist there. Since that's not the only thing she needs to work on with him, he doesn't get to eat much each day. He's extremely confused, and we're thinking at this point that that's a permanent condition. We still have high hopes that he'll be home at some point, but we're sad about his mental state.
Mitch's grandma has not been doing well for the past few months; she has been placed in nursing home of sorts but is now back in the hospital with pneumonia. We're hoping that she gets better and is still with us when we get there in 2 weeks. Mitch may have to make an emergency trip up there to see her before she dies though if it looks too bad before then.
Ok, onto other business. The pregnancy is going alright so far. I'm 18 weeks along now, and everything seems to be fine with the baby. We have an appointment to find out what we're having next Thursday. I'm so excited. I hope that the baby is willing to show it all for us!
As for myself, I've had ups and downs. I was sick to my stomach for the first 13 weeks. Nothing new there I guess. In that time, I lost about 10 pounds. I only threw up 4 times (due to my complete refusal to do so), but I felt like I was going to all day everyday. From weeks 13-16, I could barely function because I was so tired! I felt like all I did was sleep. I'm still quite tired these days, but NOTHING like I was. My problem lately has been the stretching of my pelvic bone. I am, or WAS, shaped like a boy; completely straight. Apparently that is not appropriate for childbirth, so this little booger has been kind enough to stretch me out in order to make way for its arrival. That has not been a painless process. I have a pretty high pain threshold, but on Saturday, I almost cried all night. We were on my nieces uber soft bed with no support, and it was miserable on my bones! The next night I was so tired that I didn't notice. Getting up from sitting or laying down can be excruciating at times, and I walk like a grandma until my body stretches out enough after being down for a while. Also, the baby likes to sit really low. This makes it a bit painful to go to the bathroom. Needless to say, I'm extremely excited for Baby T to come out! The whole experience though has been kind enough to help me lose about 13 pounds. I can't tell if it's the baby that makes me full all of the time, or the stress that I've been under lately. Either way, the doctor doesn't seem to be worried, so I guess all is fine. My favorite dinner is a peanut butter and banana sandwich with a HUGE glass of milk. I also like peanut butter apples for snacks.
I think I felt the baby move last week a couple of times. I was kind of grossed out the first time, but it's not so bad. It just takes a bit of getting used to I think. This whole "person growing in your body" thing is such a strange experience. Mitch was so excited that the baby moved that he wanted to feel it. I had to bring him back down to earth and tell him that was still a bit away...he was disappointed.
We bought a fan for the baby's room, and we have two paint samples. We haven't put any of them up yet though. I was hoping to get the samples up and make a decision about color over the February holiday weekend when Gliddon was on sale. Surely it'll be on sale again around Memorial Day, and I would hope that we have decided on the colors by then! We also need to go through the baby room. It's a mess! The closet has become a catch all for all things displaced. I'm hoping to get on that before summer, but if not, it'll be a fun project for the first week.
I still need to post pictures of the baby bedding that we got. I'll do it eventually. Hopefully this is enough to tide you all over until next week!
2 comments:
You have so much going on right now. I'm sorry about Jude. That's always hard to see a pet go through something like that. For sure update your blog once you find out what you're having! :)
So sorry to hear about all of the difficulites you've been having. I will definitly be praying for you and your family.
I LOVED peanut butter and bananna sandwiches when i was preg with Leila. Eddie would be horrified as he watched me cut up two banannas with about 3 inches of peanut butter and cram it all between two slices of bread. Maybe that's why I gained 66 lbs:) Hope you get to feeling better!!!
Becca D
Post a Comment