Yesterday was supposed to be a nursing day, but I HAD to get out of the house! We went to church for the first time since he came home. We pulled away at 8:03, and I made a comment to Mitch about how I didn't understand why people always got to church late and blamed it on their kids. After all, we had to get a baby ready as well as ourselves, pack his diaper bag, prepare bottle with a mixture of breast milk and formula to add extra calories, get his travel oxygen ready, unplug his apnea monitor and plug it in in the car, grab my pump, and get us all settled in, and my pump hooked to me. Just as I was finishing that statement, I realized that we had forgotten Witten's blanket, a necessity for cold buildings, and keeping the sun out of his eyes at church. At 8:20, we were pulling out of the drive again, and texting friends to save us a seat. This is ironic because although we live the furthest from church, we always get there the earliest to save a pew for everyone. We still ended up getting to our seats with 8 minutes to spare, but if you know me, you'll know that we may as well have been late!
I meant to get a picture of our first day at church but forgot my camera. I decided that a church day wasn't a good day to nurse, so I packed along 3 bottles and we decided to run errands after church.
We stopped at BRU where I bought some necessities as well as WAY too many clothes for this fall. (It wasn't actually too many clothes, it's just that that's not what we went there for.) Luckily, we still had/have tons of BRU as well as Visa gift cards left thanks to the generosity of Mitch's office.
Next we ran next door to Petco where we had a coupon for dog food, and we decided to get one of those dog faucet thingies (I'm pretty sure that that's the official term for them) where the dog pushes it with their nose and water comes out. It keeps you from having to water them all the time. That's especially good for us since Riley plays with the water in the bowls as soon as they have gotten a drink and then they don't have water for later. So much for Pavlov and his theory! I thought dogs were supposed to learn cause and effect.
Anyway, we continued on to my parents house where Witten met his great grandparents for the first time. We took lots of pictures, and he couldn't take his eyes off of Grandma Shelfer!
At 4:30, Witten was still doing well, and we had a couple more errands to run, so we stopped by the bank to deposit some checks, and headed to Target for groceries.
We pulled in the drive around 6, 10 hours after we left home. Witten was such a trooper.
No comments:
Post a Comment