When so many people around us are losing their jobs and homes, we both still have great jobs and a beautiful home. That's something that we usually take for granted, but in the wake of the terrible economy, it's hard not to realize how blessed we are and be thankful for that.
I am grateful for my close group of friends. When talking to other people, I realize just how special it is to have friends like these. Whenever we have a birthday, we all get together for dinner, bowling, or just a fun night at someone's home. When we needed help painting our old house, everyone showed up with the promise of a few pieces of pizza. When a friend needed help ripping out her kitchen, and later landscaping her backyard, everyone was there to help out. When one of us gets married, even when it's out of the country, every one's there. And, when I suddenly went into the hospital and found out Witten had to come 11 1/2 weeks early, everyone dropped what they were doing and drove out to be there for me and Mitch.
(The 2 whose wedding we went to are not pictured.)
I am thankful for my family, those that survived the year as well as those who didn't. It was a tough year with my grandpa being in the hospital from January to the last day of April (we never thought that he was going to make it to this Thanksgiving!), me going in and the beginning of May, Witten being in from May-July, and then Uncle Steve going in suddenly in August and never making it out. I cherish every moment I have with my family. I am thankful for Mitch who stayed by my side when I was at the hospital, dealt with the constant crying, drove back and forth from work to Burleson to feed the dogs, to the hospital where he slept on a chair/bed that was 6" too short for him. I don't know what I would have done without him.
Above all this year, I am thankful that God gave us what we desired most, and although he had a hard time coming in to this world, Witten is truly the best part of this year! I love you Snuggleufagus!
1 comment:
Amen :)
Post a Comment