It's our first Valentine's Day as a family of four, and we did it up right! Last night, Witten and I drove by Krispy Kreme to get some special heart-shaped donuts for breakfast in the morning. They were a surprise for Daddy, but trying to keep a surprise secret with a two year old might seem a bit hard. Not so much if your two year old is like Witten though.
Mitch took the kids to church last night, and I stayed home because my back was REALLY bothering me. (I think I'm trying to get sick.) Well, While Mitch was gone, I got the donuts out of the car, fixed him a special box to hide in his passenger seat in the morning, made a card from the kids, and made chocolate-covered strawberries. I finished everything just before Mitch got home, and let me tell you, I just THOUGHT my back was hurting before all of that.
This morning, I made up some excuse to have to open the garage door, ran out, and his the donuts, card from the kids, and a card from me in Mitch's car.
After he left, I put a heart-shaped donut on Witten's plate for his Valentine's Day breakfast, and we dressed him up in a cute red shirt with applique tie. He looked so handsome. I also put 4 small chocolate covered strawberried in his lunch for another special surprise.
I had a headache all day, and was dreading going out tonight because I really just wanted to crawl into bed and go to sleep. I figured we'd have a low-key dinner with the kids since it's a Thursday, so I bought a special Valentine's cake from Target. I got a text from my mom in the early afternoon asking if I knew what time she needed to be at my house. I called her over my conference, and she realized she had sent the text to the wrong Terlisner. Oops...cat was out of the bag.
I picked Witten up from school, and his teacher asked if he had ever eaten chocolate-covered strawberried. I told her no, and she said that at first, he asked her to "take it off" when he saw that there was something on top of his strawberries. Once he realized that it was chocolate, he LOVED it!
When I got home, there were roses and chocolates on the table with a post-it that said not to open the cards yet. I added Reese, Witten, and Mitch's gifts and cards to the table, and snapped a couple of pictures before Mitch got home with Reese.
I got dressed up, popped a couple of extra strength Tylenol, and tried to get a couple of cute Valentine's Day pictures of the kids. Witten wasn't so cooperative, as you can probably tell, so we ended up with a few bloopers.
But, we finally ended up with one almost good one.
Mitch took me to Texas Roadhouse, and we used the call ahead seating, so instead of waiting for an hour+ after we got there, we only had to wait about 30 minutes. Dinner was good, and since we got stuck standing by the juke box, I ended up getting to hear a lot of my favorite country songs while we ate! I also found out that Witten kept asking for donuts on the way to church last night. Mitch told him that we didn't have any donuts, and Witten kept saying, "Yes. We. Do!" I figured this would happen, but since Witten argues with EVERYTHING, I knew that Mitch wouldn't think anything of it!
After dinner, we went home to relieve my mom of her babysitting duties. We sent her with some strawberries to share with the family.
The kids were already in bed, and we were too full for cake, so we grabbed 4 of the small strawberries and headed to our room to eat them and watch Elementary in bed. The night ended up being pretty fun, and I was really happy to spend it with my husband!









No comments:
Post a Comment