Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Upside of Anger


So, I have decided that the best therapy for being upset is to list all of the amzingly wonderful things about that person. Unfortunately relationships have their ups and their downs, and I want to share all of the beautiful things about Mitch.

1. He is extremely verbaly affirming, and tells me what a good cook I am even when I've burn the chicken. (He's verbally affirming in other ways too, but this one always makes me laugh.)

2. He bites his lower lip when he's over the top happy.

3. He braught me flowers.

4. When he comes in the door, the first thing he does is give me a huge hug and ask me how my day was.

5. When I'm cooking, even when he's just had a long day of work, he asks what he can do to help.

6. He is the only one who knows how to calm me down when my anal retentive side begins to flare up.

7. He's made a honey do list for my house even though he doesn't live here.

8. He mows the lawn every week. (He even came over while I was at training last Saturday, and mowed it.) I never ask him to do this.

9. He likes my parents, and he and my dad worked well together on Memorial Day while all 4 of us worked on my house.

10. He not only puts the toilet seat down, but he puts the lid down too!

11. I love him more than anything, and I know he feels the same way.

Even when things are not so great, it's hard to stay mad at that for very long. He truely is the sweetest man I've ever met, and it's totally worth the downs to experience the ups with him!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Thanks for sharing! You're so right that listing good qualities of someone you love really helps you forget the reason you had a "little" dispute with them!