Saturday, September 09, 2006

I did it!

Should I be more nervous than I am?!? Maybe it hasn't quite set in yet. I went to the realtor's office last night. But not just me...Mitch and my parents came along too. It looked so funny! I'm not sure that in all the years that office has been open, that they have seen 4 adults come in to buy a single family dwelling.

When we wrote up the contract, we made sure that new carpet throughout the house was included, and the seller even offered to pay a 1 year warranty on the whole house. That was exciting and unexpected.

Here are the specs...it a 3 bed, 2 bath. The master bedroom has two small closets, not ideal, but fine for a first house. The sinks and vanity are actually in a nook in the corner of the bedroom. There is no door to close them off, so that's not my fave, but I can deal with it. I am very excited to have a fully functioning bathroom in the master bedroom though. There is actually a tub and a shower. That's a first for me. My last two houses have just had a toilet and a sink.

The living room has a fireplace, which is great, and then there is an unfinished sunroom outside. It would actually make a great dining room if I ever decide to go to the expense or trouble of finishing it out and adding an air vent. I would also bring the kitchen out and add a bar. There isn't much cabinet or couter space in it right now. I'm not quite sure where everything is going to fit, but I'll make it work until I have more money coming in.

Then, there's the backyard. Besides having the tornado siren just outside my fence, it's really nice. It's a good size, and of course has a pool and shed like I stated before.

In the garage, we'll have to tear down some work spaces to make room for two cars, but there's plenty of time for that!

Still havn't gotten the pictures. As soon as my dad emails them to me, I'll post them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! That is awesome....

Yesterday, Jaxon and I were on the way to the mall to have his pictures made & it made me think of you! We went into the mall entrance across from your old apartment! Then we went to wal-mart to get groceries and in the produce section they had crepes & I thought of the time that you made me crepes for dessert! YUMMY! (I actually think of those often) What did you put in the middle of them??

You sooo should have called when you were here, next time you better!

Can't wait to see pics of the house!