Saturday, September 23, 2006

Too Much to Do...Too Little Time

Yesterday I actually had to use a personal day at work so that I could get some work done. I used the day to grade papers, get my hair cut, have a nice leisurly lunch with my dad, and make all the phone calls that I needed to about my house.

That all pretty much took up the whole day. I still need to weed through all of my poetry material to complete my poetry lesson plans, finish Out of the Dust, learn the curriculum for Out of the Dust, and work on the Drama unit that we will begin just before Thanksgiving. I need to call some parents, send some emails, and make a new poetry test and a new fall exam. That's just for school.

I am supposed to close on my house on Thursday. I need to finish packing, cleaning, and sorting in my old house, as well as paint the back bathroom, and maybe some of the trim and doors in the house. Then, I need to paint my entire new house (except for the kitchen and the bathrooms) next weekend because the carpet guy will be out to install on Tuesday. In the mean time, I will be taking a truck load of boxes to the house everyday to store in the garage until the carpet has been put in. Once that is done, I can begin moving the boxes into the house. BUT, I will need furniture in there so that I can unpack them into the desk, shelves, entertainment center, etc.

I must do all of this AND make time to go visit my mom in the hospital, where she will be having her two old kidney's removed because they are taking up to omuch space, and causing other medical problems.

It makes me tired just typing this! And I thought I had made some headway this weekend...Oh well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about your new house! That's a big step. Moving is not one of my favorite things to do, but it can be kind of fun because of the end result. Enjoy!

We're praying for your mom.

Staci said...

Wow! You are really busy right now. Thanks for finding time to blog about it ;)