We've been working on the back porch for the past two weekends. Last weekend, we spent about 3 hours doing some needless work. We tore out some old nails from the trim around the windows, and later decided to tear out the trim completely and replace it. Oh well. This weekend, we put up the tar paper and tore out the insulation from the two side windows. The screens go all the way across the insulation, but the previous owners decided that they wanted the side windows to be smaller, so the "
re-framed" them in their very
amateur way. Those are coming out, and they will be restored to their
original size. We will be buying the remaining supplies for the back porch
tomorrow because I have a 10% off Home Depot card. I will also be mailing in a card to
receive another 10% off coupon that they send you when you move into a new home. We'll use those in the Spring or Summer when my mom and I redo my kitchen. I think the only things that are staying are the cabinets! It's going to be so much fun.
Here are the before pictures. (Well, mostly before. I waited until we had stripped most of the bright orange nails before I remembered to take a picture. You might be able to see the
original porch in the old post.)

These are from last weekend and this weekend when we were working on the house. (My parents came this weekend, but the one with Mitch in it was from last weekend.)
These last two are of the completed tar paper look. The side with the door on it is now done too, but I had already taken the picture by that point, so I guess it's an almost complete job.)
Tomorrow, we are going to Home Depot to buy the siding, along with a lot of other supplies. I have a 10% off coupon that expires on Friday, so it'll be nice to get to use it on all of this stuff!
2 comments:
FYI: Mike and I use TONS of Lowes and Home Depot 20% off coupons. Mike gets them on eBay for a few dollars. With as much as we buy it's worth a couple dollars for a coupon!
Am I visiting the wrong blog site or did you just quit blogging?
Post a Comment