This is my old Strawberry Shortcake comforter from when I was a kid. I don't remember much about the blanket itself, but I do have some fond memories of other Strawberry Shortcake items in my house. I had an SS alarm clock when I was little, and I remember when we got Valentine from the Bridgwaters (our old dog), she slept in a box for a while, and we put that alarm clock in there because it ticked, so it kept her from barking all night. Then there was the old strawberry toy box. That was a great place to hide during hide and seek, but as I got more cunning, I found a better use for it. When my cousins, one is 4 years older than me, and one is 4 months younger, would come over, the older cousin and I would have big kid play time because we were the oldest. The younger one wasn't allowed to play with us. I have visions of locking her in that old strawberry and sitting on the lid so that she couldn't get out. Hey! Lay off! There were holes in the top for her to breath through! I'm not sure what else I have from my Strawberry Shortcake days, but those two memories are very vivid.
The blanket has been repurposed now. It's become Jude's inside blanket. He lays on it when he wants a "safe place" in the house, and he'll stay on it as long as the lights or tv are on. As soon as I turn the tv off to go to sleep though, he gets off that blanket and goes to sleep on the other side of the room. It cracks me up because no matter where I put that blanket, that's what he does. I have it on my side of the bed right now, but it started on what will be Mitch's side of the bed, and he ended up sleeping on my side over night. Then I put it at the foot, and he ended up sleeping on Mitch's side. Now it's on my side, and he still sleeps on Mitch's side. It's so funny!

Jude has other quirks though. He has this thing with chew toys, and that thing of course is that he doesn't chew them. He use to chew everything in sight. Then I trained him to only chew bones. When we moved out of the apartment and into a house, he had a big yard, and I stopped giving him chew toys. I've tried many times in the past few years to give him something, and he won't chew any of it. I have a bone graveyard now. Currently there is a rawhide bone and a rope in it. There is another rawhide bone floating around the house that has a flavor strip through it. I thought he might like the flavor, but it just gets carried around occasionally. Last night Mitch and I bought him these little chew things with lots of meat in the middle, and flavor on the outside. When I woke up this morning, all of the outside flavor had been licked off, and the bone was laying on the floor (of course not on the SS blanket!) I went and picked that bone up and put it on the blanket, and Jude got up, got it, put it at the foot of the bed, then went to lay back down on the door side of the bed. We did this two more times before he tired of it and decided to leave it alone for the rest of the morning.
The blanket has been repurposed now. It's become Jude's inside blanket. He lays on it when he wants a "safe place" in the house, and he'll stay on it as long as the lights or tv are on. As soon as I turn the tv off to go to sleep though, he gets off that blanket and goes to sleep on the other side of the room. It cracks me up because no matter where I put that blanket, that's what he does. I have it on my side of the bed right now, but it started on what will be Mitch's side of the bed, and he ended up sleeping on my side over night. Then I put it at the foot, and he ended up sleeping on Mitch's side. Now it's on my side, and he still sleeps on Mitch's side. It's so funny!
Jude has other quirks though. He has this thing with chew toys, and that thing of course is that he doesn't chew them. He use to chew everything in sight. Then I trained him to only chew bones. When we moved out of the apartment and into a house, he had a big yard, and I stopped giving him chew toys. I've tried many times in the past few years to give him something, and he won't chew any of it. I have a bone graveyard now. Currently there is a rawhide bone and a rope in it. There is another rawhide bone floating around the house that has a flavor strip through it. I thought he might like the flavor, but it just gets carried around occasionally. Last night Mitch and I bought him these little chew things with lots of meat in the middle, and flavor on the outside. When I woke up this morning, all of the outside flavor had been licked off, and the bone was laying on the floor (of course not on the SS blanket!) I went and picked that bone up and put it on the blanket, and Jude got up, got it, put it at the foot of the bed, then went to lay back down on the door side of the bed. We did this two more times before he tired of it and decided to leave it alone for the rest of the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment