Monday, May 19, 2008

Count Down

Ok, so as I was commenting on Megan's blog, I made myself laugh, so I thought I'd share it with you all. I have a countdown on my board at school that tells how many school days are left. It currently says 12, but tomorrow morning I will erase the 2 and put a 1. This excludes Memorial Day and Friday after the kids get out when the teachers have their last work day of the year.

When you take into account that 2 of the days are 1/2 days, there are only 11 days left. I also only have 11 class periods left with each class but my 8th period. I only have 10 class periods left with them.

This is the most brutal count down to summer ever because we started so late. We would typically get out this Thursday, but because we started two weeks late, we get out two weeks late. EVERYONE can feel summer..the kids are crazy, the teachers are cranky, and I think my dogs are even getting a little strange.

No comments: