Thursday, June 05, 2008

We're Done!

Today my last class left at noon for the summer. We spent the rest of the day cleaning our rooms and entering our grades. I had to take a picture of all of the things I found in my desk that I have taken up throughout the year. I always tell them that they can come back on the last day of school to pick up whatever item it was that they were playing with in my class instead of learning. Last year I had my first kid come back from something in my 4 years of teaching...the funny thing is that it was a pack of Bubble Yum!
This is my haul this year.
Yes, there are 7 brushes and combs on that table. That doesn't show the brush that was picked up yesterday by one of my students. This loot also does not include all of the lip glosses, hairsprays, and body lotions that I threw away as soon as I took them up. And yes, that is a bottle of shoe polish at the top right of the desk. There is also a mirror, mascara, a hat, two laser pens, a glove, a barely made lanyard, a Nike wristband, and a mini Rubik cube. I can't wait to see what I get next year.

No comments: