Friday, June 06, 2008

Summer Vacation?

So I started my summer vacation at 2:45 this afternoon, 45 minutes after the "Bluebird of Summer Happiness" came on the loud speaker to tell us we were free to leave. At 3:00, I arrived home, emptied the car of work to do for the summer that will not be touched until I pick it up to take back to school on August 18th. (That's right...I'm being realistic here!) By 3:15, I had a paint can in hand, and was working on painting the kitchen.

This is a before picture. The wallpaper has rows of flowers and tiny blue houses!

I had pulled the beadboard down a few months ago, and my mom took down the wall paper. Then, we textured and primed the walls. They have been bare since then. I got all but one wall complete because I don't have enough paint to finish the job. I'll have to go back in for more.

This is during the sanding, texturing, and priming stage. The texture is blue when it's wet, then it turns white when it's dry so that you know that you can paint it.


And this is the final product. (Minus a frige that's on it's way over right now, and a stainless dishwasher and stove that are scheduled to be delivered today!)


I had been finished with the painting for about an hour when Mitch got home. The pool has been in such a bad state since Spring Break, that we have not been able to get it fixed. I finally got the ball rolling by visiting our local Leslie's, and getting step by step instructions from them. This was on Wednesday. The pool was pea soup green, and I was pretty sure that I had seen something surface that morning. Leslie's had us add PH too the pool because apparently what had happened was a bad acid rain back in March. This is what it looked like before the PH.

The next morning, I came out to an almost un-noticeably less green pool. It looked worse though, because it had this disgusting lime green film on top. Leslie's sold us another chemical, and told us to vacuum the next night (Friday).
This is what it looked like as we vacuumed...I could barely believe my eyes!And after throwing some industrial strength shock in the pool, this is what we woke up to this morning (Saturday).

1 comment:

Staci said...

Wow! What a difference in both the kitchen & the pool!