Wednesday, June 25, 2008

While I was Gone

While I was gone, Mitch, his parents, and my dad worked really hard, night and day on fixing up the house. We had 4 holes in the ceiling between the living room and the kitchen for various reasons. The one over the dining room table was due to removing the old canned light, and replacing it with a smaller pendant fixture. There were two at the back of the living room by the sky light from a leak right after I moved in. And, there was one going towards the hallway where Mitch slipped one day and poked through with his shoe. They fixed ALL of them! You can't even tell there was ever a problem. I would have taken a picture, but without the before, it's just a ceiling.

The front door has had a HUGE gap on the bottom since I moved in. You can see daylight from the inside, and when you're outside and the house lights are on, you could see them from under the door. It was sucking a lot of heating and cooling form the house. Loren put the weather stripping on the door for me.

The new appliances finally made it on Saturday, and the boys removed the old ones, and installed the new. Here are a couple of pictures of them.
The big project though was putting the siding and trim on the back porch. When I moved it, it was just old wood with bad trim, and there was nothing covering it. It wasn't painted, it had nails with green and orange plastic covers on them, and it was deteriorating. The guys really got a lot done.

Here's how it used to look.
And a close up...
And how it looks now...as you can see, we've only primed it so far, but it's still so much better than before. Once we get the rest of the trim up, we'll finish priming and then paint it.

2 comments:

The Brackeens said...

Wow! Yeah, that looks great! And the pool color is better, too! ;)

Rebecca said...

Yeah, the before picture was taken before I bought the place, and the woman was unhappy with the people that had a contract on the house at the time, so she let the pool go, and then cleaned it back up for us. Of course, we have let it go green MANY times since then!