Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trip to Denver

I went with Mitch's oldest sister Katie, and her three kids to Denver last week. We visited his other sister Laurie, along with her husband and 7 month old son. Luke is such a cute baby, and we had a blast with him. He's been pretty sick lately, but while we were there, he was doing awesome, and I hope that he continues to improve so that Laurie can breathe a sigh of relief, and they can treat the problem, rather than constantly wonder what's going on with him.

Luke is 7 months old, and even though he doesn't crawl, he can hold his own weight, and loves to stand. He doesn't pull up yet, but he stands with you holding him, and we think that he's going to completely skip the crawling stage and go straight to the walking stage.

Laurie and I went to Babies-R-Us and picked out a play pool for Luke. They had a couple with shade straight overhead, but not on the sides. Those seem a bit pointless because how often is the sun directly over head? Then, we found one that was half covered. It's perfect because the cover comes off easily, so it can be off when Luke's not in the pool, warming up the water. (That's right...it's so cool there that the water is still REALLY cold.) Then, they can put the cover on to shade him when he gets it. It's a great pool!

Here are a few pictures of Luke in the pool.

Laurie and Luke drying off.

And this is Katie with Hannah and Cole.
Katie with Mya. Cole playing in the yard with a toy from the aquarium.

I can't believe I didn't take many pictures on this trip. This was the only day I got the camera out. It's so unlike me.

No comments: