I went to college, and then college apartments had stacked fridges. Then got my own apartment when I was 20. In the apartment, I had a small stacked fridge. I moved in to Terry's parent's house, where there was another small stacked fridge. I really missed having a side by side, but couldn't afford to buy my own fridge, so I dealt with what I had. I eventually moved to my great-grandmother's house in Irving. She died while I was in Africa, and my mom took control of the house. In it, there was yet another small stacked fridge which I bought from my aunt for $50. This is the one I brought with me when I finally bought my own house. Since then, I've been trying to convince my parents to buy a new fridge and give me their old one, but until recently, that wasn't working.
On my way home from work for the long weekend over Memorial Day, I heard about the Energy Star sale, and thought it was the perfect time to call my parents and propose again that they buy a new fridge. My mom's been wanting one for a while, and the no tax deal reeled my dad in. They bought a new stainless fridge that weekend, and it was delivered the next weekend. Last Saturday, Mitch and a friend went over to my parent's to pick up their old fridge and bring it to our house.
This is what it looks like in the newly painted kitchen (the reason I painted the kitchen when I did.)
1 comment:
I'm thirsty just looking at that drink fridge picture!
Post a Comment