Thursday, June 12, 2008

Court Appearance #1

So I went downtown to the court house to get my tickets taken care of. I brought a copy of our insurance and Mitch's registration. Even though I've had quite an aversion to cops for the past few days, in fact, I've felt downright appalled by them, the two running the metal detector were really nice. I waited in line for about 40 minutes behind a man who said he'd been down there 3 times to get a ticket taken care of that was issued on May 1st, and it hadn't been put in the system YET! That didn't bode well for me and my 5 day old tickets.

The woman was very nice. She said that my tickets weren't in the system yet, of course, but that she could make a copy of my license and insurance and that would be taken care of. Thank you very much! Bad news...the registration has to be handled in court with an attorney in front of a judge, only you can't set a court date until the ticket has posted in the system. So, I asked the obvious question. Can you call to set up a court date. Of course not. The very nice woman at the desk seems to think the system is screwed up AT LEAST as much as the rest of us do. I'll need to get up early a second morning this summer to wait in line again at the court, just to schedule a date to go to court. Then, I'll have to go to court a 3rd time to show the judge the registration.

If my ticket hasn't posted yet the next time I go down there, I'll have to wait in line another day to schedule the appointment, and so on and so on until it posts. Does anyone else think this is as messed up as I do?!?

No comments: