Saturday, May 09, 2009

Just Another Friday

Fridays are wonderful. Not only is it the last work day of the week, but I get to go in late and leave early because there is no tutoring on Friday. (I tutor 2 hours a day Monday through Thursday because it's an extra $50 a day.) So, instead of getting to work at 7:30, I usually stroll in around 8:15, and rather than leaving around 5:15 or 5:30 (later recently because I'm building the set for the musical), I get to leave at 4:10.


Yesterday I got home around 4:40, and hopped in the shower while I waited for Mitch to get home. He's been in the habit of coming home rather late lately, and at times, that causes tension. Well, he got home around 5:10 (he had left at about 4, and made a couple of stops on the way.) When I got out of the shower, this was waiting for me.
Then, we went out on a date. We tried to go to Carino's, but after having been waiting 1/2 an hour only to be told that we still had an hour to go, we walked next door to Texas Road House, and got right in. It wasn't a huge loss. After all, I love their sweet rolls with cinnamon butter!

We had to stop at Target on the way home to pick up Mother's Day cards, and ingredients for the lunch I will be cooking tomorrow for my parents and grandparents. I grabbed a couple of organizational things too, and we took off for home.

Since it was after 9 when we got home, we watched Survivor, which I had recorded from Thursday, and finished out the night with last night's episode of Numbers before heading to bed.

It was a great date night with Mitch. We haven't been out lately because we decided not to spend money on eating out or shopping for 2 months, April and May, but made an exception last night.

1 comment:

The Brackeens said...

Very sweet. Cherish the times now. They will be gone soon! (Because of kids, I mean...)