Reading JB's blog reminded me of the most important chore of the week, washing the sheets. I will not tell you when the last time that happened was because well, it's too terrible to even think about. But, at the doctor's office on Thursday morning, I was watching the health channel, or whatever it is that they play, and they were talking about how your sheets are one of the biggest places that germs and bacteria grow. Now, I HATE washing sheets because that means that you have to put them back on the bed, which is a form of making the bed, which I don't like to do...to give you a less recent example of how much I hate doing that, during my freshman year of college, I took a crisp, clean, brand new set of sheets and made my bed the week before school started. At Christmas, I decided that I should take them home to Mom and Dad's and get them washed...yeah...I'm not proud of it, but it happened...
Anyway, I digress...as I was stripping the bed, I moved the pillow I keep at my feet (because I'm short so it fits there, and there's no way it's going on the floor...it would be covered in Jude hair in a matter of seconds...literally)...back to the story...I moved the pillow, and this is what I found...
I know you can't see it well, but those are clothes shoved down between the foot board and the mattress.
When I pulled it out, I found this...
This is my favorite hoodie, also known as my Wednesday shirt (because we're allowed to wear school spirit shirts on Wednesdays), and my favorite t-shirt, which happens to be a VBS shirt from a few years ago.
This is how much I love the shirt...there are holes in the pits...this happens to all of my favorite shirts...I'm going to have to start buying two of all of them!
Thanks JB for reminding me to wash my sheets...or should I thank Joseph?
6 comments:
You are so welcome!!! That's so funny!
JB
Oh, by the way, thanks for commenting. You inspired me to put a post up that I've been thinking about writing. I hate google reader. I think that's why I don't get very many comments on my blog or I like to think that's why.
JB
Nice! Chad has some boxers he loves and I'm sure they'll have to fall apart before he'll give them up. Maybe I shouldn't share that... I HATE doing sheets, too. Once you have kids and they spit up on them, you'll feel the need to do them more often! ;)
I have a pair of boxers I bought with a couple of friends in high school...they are disgusting, holey, and they have stretched into more of a skort type thing, but I wear them still sometimes because I bought them with a friend from church who died a long time ago, and it makes me think of a happy memory with her when I put them on. Perhaps that'll be a blog in the near future.
I'm glad you found your favorite shirts. I won't ask you how long they have been missing. Since Easter last year.....? ;)
Luckily, we have't been in the house that long...only since November, so it couldn't be any longer than that!
Post a Comment