Monday, June 01, 2009

Road to Pregnancy Day 392...It could be worse...

Today I went to a new OB-GYN recommended by my principal. Apparently he also services many of the other women on my campus, so I'm happy to be going there.

It was a weird day to start out with. I had all of my normal classes 1st-5th period, but I'm usually off 6th period for conference. Since I had to be at the doctor by 2:45, and I had never been there before, I needed to leave by 2:15. The history teacher on my team has 7th period conference, so I offered to watch her 6th period so she'd still have a conference if she took my 7th. She agreed, so I had a lot of my kids two periods in a row. That was a little weird, and they were confused about which review we were going over (English or history.) We eventually figured it out, and played the review game that period. When 7th period rolled around, I left my kids expecting the history teacher to show up. I went and told another teacher where they could find the answers to the review because I couldn't find the history teacher. I called my room a few minutes later to find that the history teacher hadn't shown up yet, so the teacher that I had talked to in the hall before I left was covering my class until she was able to make it. I'm sure all turned out well though.

I made it to the OB-GYN at 2:30, and began filling out paperwork. When it came time to pay, I couldn't find my wallet. Then it hit me. We went out on the boat yesterday, and I didn't take my purse, just my wallet. So, I had no form of ID, and no insurance card. Luckily, when I made the appointment, they took my insurance info down, and said that I could give them a copy of my DL next time. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw my checkbook because that meant I could pay...not so much. They needed my ID. She asked if I could go home...nope...it's 40 minutes away...could I call someone for our check card number...yes....

I dialed Mitch's number, then remembered that I buy almost everything online...I haven't had to actually look at my credit card in years to be able to fill out the #, exp. date, and security code...bingo...appointment paid for, time to wait some more.

3:00 rolled around, time for my appointment, but they didn't call my name. My eyes were beginning to water because I had to go to the bathroom so bad. I had no idea what type of appointment this was going to be, so I caved and went anyway. At 3:40, they finally called me. I went and gave my background info, and she asked me to pee in a cup...no can do...I just went...

I was then sent into the doctor's office...that's right...his actual office...where I preceded to wait another 30 minutes until 4:15. He finally came in, we talked for a few minutes, then I went to get a checkup...those are always fun! Anyway, after talking, we were both in a consensus that I was probably not ovulating, and that's the problem. I made another appointment for June 18th to check my ovulation. That's when we'll know for sure, and I can get on some meds if needed.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Nothing major so far...just a small glitch that should be easily remedied.

3 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Crazy day!!!! I always seem to need to go to the bathroom as soon as I get to the doctor's office. I always ask the nurse or ladies at the front desk if I'm going to need to leave a sample. They let me do it early. Just ask next time! They won't mind.

JB

Megan said...

I hope you get good news in a few weeks! Sorry for all the waiting...that's just how it goes sometimes.

To answer your questions about Germany, we are going to Cologne, and there will be time for travel. Derek has a meeting on Monday (I'm arrive on Sunday morning), but after that we are free until we leave Friday morning. Any suggestions? I know you've done lots of traveling.

Staci said...

My laptop is FINALLY working again...so I'm catchin' up on blogs. I hope it's just an ovulation prob! I have lots of friends that fixed that with drugs and now have 1+ kids!!!